Our Business Model
Most Pet Supplies Plus stores are located in the same markets as national competitors, and we continue to open new stores in those same markets. PSP beats the competition by providing our Neighbors consistent, knowledgeable service and unbeatable prices. As a PSP Franchisee you can become a part of this successful strategy. As mass marketers' sales slump, pet specialty retailers are trending upward. Our successful business model allows our franchise owners to:
- Be profitable at smaller volume levels.
- Enter smaller markets and trade areas than our competitors.
- Carry brands that many competitors cannot.
Average Weekly Gross Sales
REPORTING FRANCHISEE'S AVERAGE WEEKLY GROSS SALES
The information below presents the Reporting Franchisees' Average Weekly Gross Sales during the Measurement Period. The information below segments the Reporting Franchisees' Average Weekly Gross Sales into thirds based on their average weekly Gross Sales and the total Average Weekly Gross Sales for the Reporting Franchisees.
January 1, 2012 to December 29, 2012
Category of Reporting Franchisees 2012 Average Weekly Gross Sales
Top Third $64,595
Middle Third $40,569
Bottom Third $22,458
Reporting Franchisees' Average Weekly Gross Sales $42,684.
- For purposes of this Item 19, Gross Sales is defined as the total revenue earned by a Store. We calculated each individual Reporting Franchisee's "Average Weekly Gross Sales" by taking the sum of Gross Sales achieved by each Reporting Franchisee every week and dividing it by 140. The Reporting Franchisees were then organized into three groups: the Top Third, the Middle Third, and the Bottom Third, based on Average Weekly Gross Sales. The average for each third was calculated by taking the sum of each Reporting Franchisee's Average Weekly Gross Sales for each third and dividing it by 46 or 47, as applicable. We calculated the average of the Reporting Franchisees' Average Weekly Gross sales by calculating the sum of each Reporting Franchisee's Average Weekly Gross Sales and dividing it
This webpage includes data for all 140 franchisees that were open and operating during the entire period between January 1, 2012 and December 29, 2012. Additional information is available within Item 19 of our FDD.
- Of the 140 Reporting Franchisees, 14 Reporting Franchisees achieved an Average Weekly Gross Sales that exceeded the $64,595 Top 3rd Average Weekly Gross Sales noted above.
- Of the 140 Reporting Franchisees, 70 Reporting Franchisees achieved an Average Weekly Gross Sales that exceeded the $40,569 Middle 3rd Average Weekly Gross Sales noted above.
- Of the 140 Reporting Franchisees, 123 Reporting Franchisees achieved an Average Weekly Gross Sales that exceeded the $22,458 Bottom 3rd Average Weekly Gross Sales noted above.
- 64 of the 140 Reporting Franchisees achieved an Average Weekly Gross Sales that exceeded the Reporting Franchisees' Average Weekly Gross Sales of $42,684 noted above.
"The corporate franchise system provides full store setup and ongoing operations, marketing, product management, and pricing support. This allows us to focus on training and developing our employees and providing an unforgettable in-store experience for our customers.
The cutting edge Corporate marketing programs require minimal time commitment from the franchisee to develop and implement, and they work wonders at driving traffic into our local store!
I don't feel as though I'm a franchisee on an island, I feel part of the Pet Supplies Plus team.
There is an open and healthy dialogue between Pet Supplies Plus and the franchisees. This results in idea sharing that everyone benefits from--I don't feel like my voice is not heard or like I'm on my own to figure out how to solve a problem."