Do I need previous pet industry or franchising experience to become a Pet Supplies Plus franchise owner?
- No. Our franchise business model will provide you all the tools to get you up and operating. What is more important to us is that we expect franchisees to have a strong desire to succeed and grow their business under the PSP franchise business model. Our existing franchisees have a record number of accomplishments in business, but more importantly, a sincere appreciation for the overriding importance of customer engagement and great customer service. These are the characteristics we will look for in you.
What are the initial franchise fee and royalty fees?
- The initial franchise fee is $49,900 for a single unit. The royalty fee is 2.0 percent (2%) of monthly sales for the first 12 months, and 3.0 percent (3%) of monthly sales thereafter for the life of the franchise agreement.
Does Pet Supplies Plus offer financing?
- Pet Supplies Plus has relationships with third party national finance and leasing companies to assist new franchise owners with financing. Please ask your franchise development consultant for more information.
What does it cost to open a Pet Supplies Plus store?
- Typically, the all-in cost to open a PSP ranges from $549,400 - $1,097,400. This range includes inventory, equipment, construction, signs, pre-opening expenses, etc. You will find that these costs will vary based upon the size of your franchise store, rent, amount of landlord's "Tenant Improvement" dollars negotiated, and local real estate and construction factors. For a complete listing, please refer to Item 7 in the PSP FDD.
How soon can I expect my Pet Supplies Plus franchise to open?
- It generally takes around 120 days after the execution of your lease agreement to open your Pet Supplies Plus store. The entire process from identifying a site to the opening of your doors can take anywhere from 4 to 12 months. PSP will assist you through the development process, providing you guidance and advice as needed. As you prepare to open your store, our set up crew will support the building of the racking systems and initial stocking of the store. Our District Team Leaders will assist you through the coordination of ordering, merchandising, training, POS, and Grand Opening programs, all designed to get you up and running efficiently and effectively.
Where are Pet Supplies Plus stores generally located?
- Pet Supplies Plus franchises are typically located in strip centers with a large anchor store near a residential neighborhood. We strive for sites to be located near high-traffic retail areas and not in big box regional centers, nor megamalls. Our Real Estate Team will assign commercial Real Estate brokers to assist you in finding the best sites available in your market and assist you in reviewing your lease prior to signing.
Will I have a protected territory?
- Yes. Territory is identified by trade areas, which are compiled according to population and household counts. Please discuss further with your Franchise Development Consultant.
Will I receive guidance on hiring employees for my Pet Supplies Plus store?
- Part of the new franchise owner training includes how to properly staff the store, including how to utilize Pet Supplies Plus employee training modules and online education programs. Your District Team Leader (DTL) will provide you guidance on the best ways to recruit and train your team members.
What kind of training will I receive as a new Pet Supplies Plus franchisee?
- All new franchisees undergo an extensive 2-week training program in corporate stores conveniently located throughout the Eastern and Central sections of the country. You will be provided hands on training regarding the fundamentals of what you need to know in order to operate your Pet Supplies Plus franchise. Training doesn't end after the initial two weeks. PSP provides extensive, ongoing online training for you, your managers, and team members.
Will I receive assistance in planning my Pet Supplies Plus store Grand Opening?
- Yes, as America's Favorite Neighborhood Pet Store, it is important to establish relationships with our neighbors in the local community and promote events at the neighborhood level. Your Grand Opening program will be developed just for your location, giving you the opportunity to build events with the local pet community that will draw neighbors to your new store. Our marketing team will work closely with you to implement all aspects of a Grand Opening event for your store.
What marketing support can I expect?
- Pet Supplies Plus has built a team of marketing experts who are available to help answer your questions and assist you in crafting marketing and advertising strategies designed to fully leverage the opportunity within your store's trade area. You will have access first to your District Team Leader who is trained to help you in developing your initial plans and in knowing who and where to go within Pet Supplies Plus to get fast answers to any questions. The Marketing Team in our Livonia, MI office has developed successful Grand Opening plans — tested and proven with our corporate stores — that are available for your use, as well as an annual marketing and promotional calendar that is available for implementation by every store in the chain.
How do I get started?
- Call 1.734.793.6550 to set up a time to speak with one of our Franchise Development Consultants, or complete the inquiry by clicking here.
"The corporate franchise system provides full store setup and ongoing operations, marketing, product management, and pricing support. This allows us to focus on training and developing our employees and providing an unforgettable in-store experience for our customers.
The cutting edge Corporate marketing programs require minimal time commitment from the franchisee to develop and implement, and they work wonders at driving traffic into our local store!
I don't feel as though I'm a franchisee on an island, I feel part of the Pet Supplies Plus team.
There is an open and healthy dialogue between Pet Supplies Plus and the franchisees. This results in idea sharing that everyone benefits from--I don't feel like my voice is not heard or like I'm on my own to figure out how to solve a problem."